Vine allows you to see and share six second looping videos. This fun and simple app can be shared or embedded on social networks. Download the app for IPhone on the App Store and for Android on Google play.
How it Works
- Download the Vine app
- Open the app
- In your first launch you will be prompted to sign in via your Twitter handle or your email address
- Select the video icon – The video camera will launch
- Record by pressing down on the screen with one finger
- Pause recording by lifting your finger off of the screen (this can create the stop motion animation effect you see in some of the most entertaining Vine videos)
You can record up to six seconds of video using either one continuous clip or several clips combined using the pause feature
- Hit next when you are finished recording
- Choose your share settings and include a caption
- Hit done
IPhone vs. Google Play App
Vine is available for IPhone, downloadable from the App Store and for Android (version 4.0+) via Google play. Some features are unique to both the IPhone and Android app.
Features Only Available with IPhone
- Recording using the front and back facing camera
- App search
- Sharing via Facebook
Feature Only Available with Android
- Zoom while recording
It is unclear when and if the IPhone and Google Play apps will feature all of the exact functions across the board.
Vine for Business
As one of the most used video sharing apps on the market your business should consider utilizing it’s creative capabilities in your digital marketing efforts.
Encourage your customer’s to create Vine videos of their favorite products and included branded hashtags in their posts.
Display your Work
This is a great way for small businesses to creatively boost their web marketing by showcasing their merchandise, packaging, and product features. Consider creating a series of Vine videos to further visually describe your work.
Humanize your Business or Brand
Use Vine videos to take your consumers into your business or brand. Showing happy employees, and a fun work environment help personalize your professional appearance.
Embedding Vine Videos
For all you techy loving peeps out there. Here are a quick few steps for embedding a Vine video.
- Create a Vine video and post it to your feed
- Hit the elipses icon on the bottom right below the video you want to embed
- Hit “Share this post”Hit Embed (if no embed option is available you will need to share the video on Twitter first)
- The embedded url will now open in the body of a new email. You can copy and paste this url wherever you would like to post the embedded Vine video