Social media marketing is a moving target, every day there is an update or change to the most popular networks, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc. Every other day a new cool, must use network pops up. So how do you decide where to spend your time and your money?
Businesses that use social media to promote their products and services should utilize an analytics services to better understand their target market and the best practices for using these sites. There are many different analytics platforms to choose from when dealing with popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. When a new site pops up like Instagram it takes some time for the established social monitoring tools like Hootsuite, SproutSocial, Radian6, and the like to integrate the new network into their suite of monitoring tools.
Don’t fret though, where there is a new network there are always gung-ho developers that will build tools to help you get the most out of that nifty new site. In this post we have listed 7 Instagram analytics tools that will help you analyze how your business is getting an ROI out of Instagram.
- Nitrogram provides analytics and social engagement features for Brands and Agencies to leverage the 100M+ users on Instagram. Measure and Visualize your Brand’s presence on Instagram. Optimize your posting habits to increase engagement. Keep track of fellow Industry players. Receive Alerts on Content relevant to your Brand or Campaigns. Display live Galleries on your site, blog or Facebook page. Run and manage a photo campaign to engage your customers and increase your reach on Instagram.
- Pro: Track @users and #hashtags with custom reports and alerts on photos, engagement, and reach.
- Con: More in-depth accounts are a little more pricy.
- Cost: basic package free; more in-depth accounts are available starting at $29 per month.
- Simply Measured helps marketers get social media data and create beautiful, custom reports in Excel. It takes a different approach to analytics, rather than a rigid dashboard, we empower non-technical marketers and PR professionals to become data rockstars. Customers are data-driven measurement junkies and analytics nuts in marketing, PR, and social media.
- Pro: Reporting and data analytics super powers for marketers
- Con: Basic Plans start at $500/month
- Cost: Free Trail with more in-depth plans beginning at $500/month
- Webstagram allows you to browse #Instagram and comment on Instagram pictures from the web. View photos from the people you follow
Like, Unlike and Comment, Un-Comment on photos; follow and Unfollow other users; see your followers and following; browse popular photos/tags/users; and get your RSS feeds.
- Pro: Free service
- Con: you can only upload photos with the app and not from the web (including Webstagram and other websites)
- Cost: Free
- Statigram is a website that allows you to access the world largest social mobile community – Instagram from your computer! Statigram lets you view, measure, manage, and promote your Instagram account. Statigram is your Instagram resource center. It shows you metrics, lets you comment back with other users, like bomb (The art of liking a lot of things quickly) and more.
- Pro: Engage your community with contests
- Con: No preplanned packages or deals
- Cost: Free
- StickyGram is a personalized printing service that turns your Instagram images into lovely little magnets. You create your pack online and they deliver them to your door. Each StickyGram is 50mm x 50mm. That’s approximately the same size as they appear on your iPhone. They come in packs of 9. The unique process produces a flexible yet durable magnet that displays the quality of your original images. Stick them on your fridge, locker or any magnet loving surface you can find.
- Pro: 9 photos per sheet
- Con: images come in only one size
- Cost: $14.99 per sheet of 9; Free worldwide shipping
- Followgram gives a web-based interface to the community using iPhone photo-sharing app. It also gives you a way to advertise your Instagram account online. The website of Followgram gives you features that are very useful. After the authorization app, you receive a vanity URL that has a followgram.me/username that simplifies sharing of Instagram profiles with other users on the web. Your Instagram username is your vanity URL.
- Pro: Provide their users with the HTML code for the placement of the button on your blog, website or any other place you want.
- Cons: Must pay for extra sevices
- Cost: Free Account; Power User 3.79€ – Special price: 1.79€
- InstaFollow keeps track of all of your followers. It can show you who unfollowed you, allowing you to quickly unfollow them back. This mobile app can Track New UnFollowers; Track New Followers; Track Followers you don’t Follow Back; Track Users you Follow that Don’t Follow You; Follow and UnFollow anyone quickly with a single touch.
- Pro: Keep a close track on your Instagram followers
- Con: You can only follow and unfollow up to 200 users per hour; this is the limit set by Instagram.
- Cost: Free lite version or $1.99 for full app