When looking at starting and building a business most people understand that they need to have business and marketing plans, a logo, business cards and brochures, but what they don’t think about is the image of their business. The photos that represent the business and the people in that business come as an after thought for most companies.
At Get Smart Web we work with businesses every day and when we ask them for images of their products, offices, employees, executives, etc. we are usually told that either they don’t have them or we are given photos that were obviously taken by someone with no imagination or no business photography experience.
Whether your business is about offering a service or a product, has a physical location or you work from home your prospective clients will be looking for you and validating you online. Online you only have seconds to get someone’s attention, even when the person is on your website. The images of your business that you share online work faster to convert a prospective client into a paying client than text or video. The right images grab attention, they bring out the best of what a business has to offer, and they entice people to want more information. A great image will get people to spend more time learning about you and your company, they will look at other images, read text and watch your business videos.
[slideshow width=”620″ height=”400″ effect=”fade” pause=”7000″ speed=”600″] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/french-gourmet_0012blog.jpg [/item] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/m-bride_0019blog.jpg [/item] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/heavenly-cupcake_0032blog.jpg [/item] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dolldine-designs_0009blog.jpg [/item] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/sweetcheeks_0005blog.jpg [/item] [item] http://gswconsulting.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/m-bride_0010blog.jpg [/item] [/slideshow]
If your business images are more than a few years old, if they were taken by an inexperienced photographer – an employee that likes to take pictures, or if they are images that were quickly done by an okay photographer you NEED better business images. Business images do not have to be boring, no matter your product or service when working with a great photographer you can bring out the best your business has to offer.
Great Business Images:
- Show Personality
- Elicit an Emotion
- Impart Your Message / Value Proposition
- Make People Want Your Product
- Spark a Connection
- Are Memorable
- Are Shareable
When it comes to business photographs we can’t stress enough how important it is to work with a great photographer. Do not go with the cheapest or even in some cases the most popular photographer in your area.
Choose a photographer……
- That is creative, look at their work and make sure they do not do the same type of images for every client.
- That asks the right questions. A photographer that understands business imagery and branding will ask about your business, your clients, your goals, and will get to know you personally.
- That gives you ideas and direction. Clients can come up with some crazy outfits that may not photograph well or imagery that contradicts their brands and message, a good photographer will give some direction or work with a branding expert.
- That has great photo editing skills. You do not want images that are Photoshoped beyond recognition but a great photographer knows how to manipulate a photo to give it that creative edge.
- That you connect with. There are some amazing photographers out there but not all will be the best for you. Developing a relationship with your photographer is very important, because trust and collaboration are essential components to getting the right images for your business.
We have the pleasure of having a great relationship with some San Diego Photographers, two ladies that have been photographing Get Smart Web and most of our clients for years now. Stefanie and Nikkie of BlueFlair Photography are amazing and we would like to say thank you for taking of us and our clients.
Do you have a photographer that you think is incredible, share their info we would love to see their work.